Sunday, August 19, 2012

Egg-cellent.

IMG_2266

IMG_2259

IMG_2262

Today was a record day so far with 4 eggs in the nesting boxes! In the almost two weeks since the chickens started laying, we've had about 19-20 eggs. We had scrambled egg sandwiches one morning, and Randy boiled a couple this weekend. Definitely better than store bought, especially the hard-boiled ones! Milder taste and creamier texture, yum! I've got my fingers crossed that I'll find a blue or green egg soon, although from what I read there's a chance that the Easter eggers might lay brown eggs just like the others. I think at least 4 or 5 of the chickens are laying. I saw somewhere online that Easter eggers generally start laying later than some of the other breeds, so I'm hoping they just haven't gotten there yet. Once everybody starts, and if they lay the average of 2-3 eggs per week then I'm going to have to start delivering eggs to my mom and aunts! Two dozen a week is just a bit more than a family of four can handle, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you! Yes, you...come out of the woodwork and say hello!