Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lovey-dovey Day

All the cute Valentine's Day Pinterest projects on my boards?

-Didn't happen.

The homemade aprons and little baskets of baking supplies I wanted to make for the kids as their V-day gift?

-Actually forgot about that plan until around Sunday evening.

Did I spend an hour at Wal-Mart the evening of the 13th trying to wedge my buggy down the rows of Valentine's junk?

-Sho' nuff.

Did I make the pink waffles for the kids on Valentine's morning like I intended?

-Nope. We were out of waffle mix and I wasn't in the mood to look up a recipe.

Do I expect roses and jewelry and romantic dates, etc.

-Certainly not. But it sure is fun when they happen!


Yep, it's commercialized to the point of ridiculousness, but I still love Valentine's Day. I love pink and red and hearts and boxes of chocolates. I love making things a celebration no matter how insignificant whatever the current holiday happens to be.

I also loved watching a young guy, probably in his late teens, carry a gigantic stuffed Valentine's frog across the Wal-Mart parking lot while trying his best to still look cool. Not possible. But he did look mighty sweet!

IMG_9932
Concentrating hard on painting Valentine's. When he first started painting he told me that he was using pink because he thought Callie liked pink. She's our beautician's 3 year old and we go to church with her. Already partial to the little girls, haha!

IMG_9939
Painting on paper is boring. Sylvie prefers a three-dimensional canvas. Herself.

IMG_9943
He said he was painting swirls, except he pronounced it more like squirrel.

IMG_9941
Mmmhmm...bathtime.

IMG_9950
Baby soup.

IMG_9952
Gift time! The kids each got the traditional Valentine's balloon, a tiny box of chocolates, bubbles, a paint with water book, and a fuzzy blanket (Cars and Minnie Mouse). Randy brought them each a rose when he came home from work. :)

IMG_9953
Randy's gifts - box of chocolates, handprints from the kids, and their photos for his desk at work.

IMG_9959
The tiny card I made for Randy right before he came home from work.

He gave me a pretty purse, some beautiful jewelry, and flowers!

4 comments:

  1. You do know you did a heck of a lot more than most people do, right?

    This is all so adorable. XD

    - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. what lovely valentine presents he got! :) I love the craft for the kids!

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Yes, you...come out of the woodwork and say hello!