Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Wearing me thin (but I'm still fat).

These guys. They wear me out. Yesterday was a Monday through and through. It's saving graces were the wonderfully cool rainy weather, and a phone call from halfway across the world (Qatar). Oh, and reservations made for a trip to the beach! But the rest of the day was filled with a little miss who climbed everything in sight, including trying to scale the front of the oven like a little rock climber. I'd like to see a tally of how many times I removed her from table tops throughout the day. She was agitated and quick to cry, and I administered a couple doses of motrin to try to ease teething pain. It must be torture to have razor sharp little teeth cutting their way through your gums!

Elliot decided on his own that it was time for big boy undies (whohoo!) and used the Big Potty tons, demanding marshmallows for pee-pee rewards and prizes for poopin' in the pot. I'm now out of prizes so I don't know what's going to happen today. Why did we ever start using a rewards system for potty training?! I'm proud of him though. I tried an almost totally hands-off approach this time, and let him do pretty much everything himself except cleaning up after #2's. It seemed to work much better than constant reminders and nagging. He even wore his undies during naptime and made it through dry. He did have a couple pee accidents after Randy got home from work. We'll see what today brings.

IMG_6036
A dirty porch makes for grubby little feet.

IMG_6028

IMG_6027

IMG_6057
One of Elliot's prizes was a kaleidoscope. He tucked it into his "pocket" for safe-keeping while driving his motorcycle. Funny kid.

Biker boy from Edie Steinmann on Vimeo.

He crashed at the very end and bopped his nose on the daybed, but he was okay after some snuggles and a nose replacement. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the snaggle-tooth pictures of Sylvie and the "pocket" picture of Elliot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love Sylvie's crazy little teeth!

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Yes, you...come out of the woodwork and say hello!