Saturday, May 28, 2011

A storybook cottage

storybook cottage
Southern, Country, Farmhouse, 1 1/2 story House Plans - Home Design LS-97023-UDA # 21051

I'm quite infatuated with this little (but big) house! Even though actual building is at least 2-3 years away, we've started browsing houseplans. I'm already beginning to imagine this one tucked into our (nearly) 100 acre woods!

Edited to add:
I used my detective skills and figured out that this house was Country Home magazine's showhouse in 1996! Google provided the actual magazine article that featured it, and while most of the photos are of the decor, you can get an idea of what the interior looks like. I've been clicking back and forth between the floor plan and photos to get a better idea of how everything is layed out. I've got a serious crush on this house now. I saw the photos of the kitchen, suddenly got all big-eyed, and thought, "Are you kidding me?!", because that's pretty much EXACTLY what I've been picturing in my head. I've been telling Randy for years that I want inset cabinet doors, wood on bottom, white on top with glass doors, some open shelving for pretty dishes, an island with seating, and a pantry with a screen door!!! I've even pointed out beadboard cabinetry before! If I could make Randy see the light, I'd go ahead and buy these plans and put them away for safe-keeping. I'm slightly giddy inside thinking about the possibility of this house, and I'm trying not to be annoying about it to him. So I'll just annoy a couple of you instead! :D

2 comments:

  1. hahaha, i am laughing because you want to buy the house plans already. i always think about doing that too, but i am so indecisive and houseplans seem to be thousands of dollars for some reason! ugh! i`ve never seen a house quite like this before... with the pointed dormers. i hope you really do get to bring it to life one day and bring us all along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I tend to jump the gun a bit, and if I don't act within the first few days I start mulling over things and get all indecisive. I love this house, and I LOVE the floor plan, but the intensity of my crush has already worn off and my eye has started wandering again, haha! The pointed dormers and funky gingerbread trim are Victorian Gothic. My semester and a half foray into interior design taught me that. At least I picked up a little something along the way! Whatever we decide on, it will be something along the lines of a victorian farmhouse. That style makes me weak in the knees!

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Yes, you...come out of the woodwork and say hello!